These tiramisu cookies are soft and chewy. Topped with a light mascarpone frosting and dusted cocoa powder. These delicious cookies are prefect for any occasion or when you want something coffee.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes + chill time
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- 2 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2.5 tablespoons instant coffee espresso
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup mascarpone, room temp
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 teaspoon instant coffee espresso
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt and instant espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, add the butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat on medium/high speed for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is combined and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture. Beat until flour has incorporated into the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and place about 2 inches apart on prepared parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges. Do not over bake!
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form then set aside.
- Beat mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and instant espresso powder until combined. (Taste the frosting, and add more coffee/powdered sugar if needed)
- Fold in heavy whipping cream until combined.
- Pipe frosting onto cookies then sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Don’t over bake cookies. You’ll want to bake the cookies until the edges are golden brown but the middle will look slightly underdone.
- Adjust the coffee in the frosting. You can add more or less coffee depending on how you like it. The recipe will have a hint of coffee in the frosting. If you want a stronger coffee flavor, add more.
- Make sure to measure the flour correctly. You’ll want to use a spoon to spoon the flour into the measuring cup and the leveling it with a knife. Adding to much or too little flour will change the texture of the cookies.
Keywords: Tiramisu cookies, cookies, tiramisu, coffee cookies