Dulce de Leche Sandwich cookies
These dulce de leche sandwich cookies will melt in your moth with every bite! They are easy to make and require no chill time.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream unsalted butter and powdered sugar. Until fluffy. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder. Beat on low speed until dough the dough is crumbly. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and mix the dough until it form a ball. It should come together quickly.
- Roll into about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 1.5 -2 inch circles and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool to room temp.
- Spread one cookie with dulce de leche, then place another cookie over the dulce de leche.
Keywords: shortbread cookies, dulce de leche, shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche