Quinoa black bean stuffed peppers are so easy to make. They are healthy, have lots of protein and are so delicious.
Stuffed peppers have been on my to do list for a while now. I love the simplicity of stuffed peppers. Yet they always turn out so flavorful and nutritious. These quinoa black bean stuffed bell peppers are loaded with healthy grains, veggies and protein. You can easily make the filling ahead of time. They’re perfect for lunches or even dinner.
- Peppers: You can use any kind of bell peppers. I prefer using yellow, red or orange. These sweet peppers pair perfectly with the filling.
- Quinoa: Feel free to use any type of quinoa.
- Beans: I used tri- bean blend. But pinto beans or black beans work perfectly.
- Corn: Frozen corn works perfectly for this recipe.
- Diced tomatoes: I use diced tomatoes from a can. Tomatoes add a delicious flavor to the filling. You can also substitute salsa if you’d like.
- Spices: I use cumin, chili, garlic powder, a dash of cayenne, salt and pepper for a flavorful filling.
- Cheese: Any cheese will work here!
- Toppings: You can add avocado, guacamole, lime juice, sour cream… the options are endless. Whatever toppings you choose these stuffed peppers will taste amazing.
How to make quinoa: You will need one part uncooked quinoa and two parts water. (ex. 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water) Make sure to rinse and drain the quinoa. This removes any bitterness from the quinoa. Place quinoa and water into a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a spoon. To make the quinoa even more flavorful you can cook it in vegetable or chicken broth. 1 cup uncooked quinoa will make approximately make 4 cups cooked quinoa.
Making the stuffed peppers
- Prepare the bell peppers: Cut the bell peppers in half, take out any seeds and place on lightly greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Mix quinoa, beans, corn, tomatoes and spices in a medium bowl.
- Stuff the peppers: Evenly divide the filling between the peppers.
- Bake: Cover bell peppers with foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 F. Increase heat to 400 F, remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Other recipes you may likePrint
Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
These quinoa black bean stuffed peppers are easy to make. They are flavorful, healthy, full of protein and are so delicious.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 bell peppers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 ½ – 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup corn
- ⅓ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 7 oz. tri bean blend, drained
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- Pre heat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, take out any seeds and place on lightly greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix quinoa, beans, corn, tomatoes and spices in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly divide the filling between the peppers.
- Cover bell peppers with foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 F. Increase heat to 400 F, remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: stuffed peppers, quinoa stuffed peppers, quinoa black bean stuffed peppers,