These delicious pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars are baked on a buttery graham cracker crust. Spiced pumpkin pie filling is swirled through out a rich cheesecake filling. It’s the perfect fall dessert!
These incredible pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars are just in time for Thanksgiving and all your fall celebrations. Each bar is packed with flavor and has the perfect creamy texture. With each bite you’ll get a perfect balance of cheesecake and spiced pumpkin pie filling. It’s such a good combo! Be sure to give this pumpkin cheesecake a try. I know you won’t regret it.
For the crust:
- Graham crackers: Use honey graham crackers that are finely crushed.
- Butter: Use unsalted melted butter.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Cream cheese: Use full fat cream cheese that is at room temperature or softened.
- Sugar: To add some sweetness.
- Eggs: Be sure to use room temperature eggs. Eggs will give the cheesecake a smooth and rich texture.
- Heavy whipping cream: The heavy whipping cream should also be at room temperature. To do this: simply microwave the heavy whipping cream for a few seconds.
For the pumpkin filling:
- Pumpkin puree: Use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Egg: Make sure the egg is at room temperature.
- Brown sugar: To add sweetness.
- Spices: A combination of cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also use pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices.
Making the pumpkin bars
- Make the crust: Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Press into 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the whisked eggs one at a time. Scraping the bowl in between additions. Beat on low speed until smooth and combined. Add the heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin filling: In a medium bowl whisk pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Assemble the cheesecake: (see images below) Pour almost all of the cheesecake filling over crust. Leave about ⅓ cup. Add dollops of pumpkin filling over the cheesecake filling. Lightly swirl with a butter knife. Add dollops of the reserved cheesecake batter over the swirled cheesecake. Then add a few more dollops of pumpkin filling. Lightly swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake: Bake the cheesecake for 35-45 minutes. OR until cheesecake is almost set. The cheesecake should have a slight jiggle in the center. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 15 minutes. Open the door and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
Tips for success
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. This ensures a smooth cheesecake batter. We don’t want lumps of cream cheese in the cheesecake!
- Lightly tap the bowl with the cheesecake batter on the kitchen counter top to release any air bubbles. This helps the cheesecake come out smooth.
- Beat the cheesecake batter on medium to low speed and do not over mix. Beating on high speed or overmixing will incorporate lots of air bubbles into the cheesecake batter. Which can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Cool cheesecake completely! Once the cheesecake is out of the oven cool completely before placing it in the fridge. Continue chilling the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Chilling the cheesecake ensures all the flavors come together. It also makes it so much easier to cut the cheesecake into bars.
- Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for cinnamon and nutmeg. If pumpkin pie spice is what you have on hand feel free to use it! Taste the pumpkin filling and adjust spices to taste.
Cream cheese: Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Then spread on a plate. Let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature for 20-25 minutes. OR place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Then microwave for 10-15 second intervals, until softened.
Eggs: Place eggs in a bowl. Fill the bowl with warm water. Let the eggs sit in the warm water for 5-10 minutes.
Heavy whipping cream: Microwave the heavy whipping cream for 10 seconds or until just warm to the touch.
Yes! Bake a couple days before and let the cheesecake sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Other fall recipes you may like
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Comment and rate below. I would also love to see your creation! Share your photo by tagging tasty_treat_pantry on Instagram.Print
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: dessert
Graham cracker crust
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked, room temp
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure parchment paper extends over the edges for easier removal.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Press into prepared baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Add lightly whisked eggs one at a time. Scraping the bowl in between additions. Beat on low speed until batter is smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine all pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour almost all of the cheesecake filling over prepared crust. (Reserve about ⅓ cup of cheesecake filling) Drop dollops of pumpkin pie filling over cheesecake filling. (Reserve a few dollops) Lightly swirl.
- Place dollops of remaining cheesecake filling over swirled cheesecake. Then add remaining dollops of pumpkin pie filling. Swirl very lightly.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cheesecake is still slightly jiggly in the center. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit in the warm oven for 15 minutes. Open the oven door and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Place cheesecake in refrigerator and chill for 4-5 hours or overnight.
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin swirl cheesecake, pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars