This peach cream cheese danish is made with puff pastry. It’s filled with sweet cream cheese and fresh sliced peaches. It’s so easy to make and is so delicious!
This peach cream cheese danish turns out delicious every single time! It’s a great way to use up all those fresh summer peaches. Once baked, the puff pastry dough becomes so flaky and buttery. This braided pastry is filled with juicy fresh peaches and a sweet cream cheese layer. You’ll love that this impressive dessert does not require a lot of preparation or ingredients! It’ll be ready to go in the oven in 10 minutes.
- Puff pastry sheet: You will need one puff pastry sheet.
- Peaches: Peaches or nectarines will work for this recipe.
- Cream cheese: Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
- Egg: You will need one large egg for the egg wash.
Making the peach danish
Thaw puff pastry sheet first. This takes about 40-50 minutes, depending on how warm your house is. To thaw- take out the frozen puff pastry sheet and let it sit on the kitchen counter top until it’s easy to work with.
- Place puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll out puff pastry sheet about 1 inch on each side.
- Make the cream cheese filling: Into a large mixer bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until fluffy and smooth.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture onto the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border on the top and bottom. Then top with fresh peach slices. Braid the puff pastry dough. Then transfer danish to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk one large egg. Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash then sprinkle with course sugar.
- Bake until the puff pastry is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to braid the dough
Using a sharp knife, cut the top corner sides of the puff pastry dough off. Then cut 1-inch strips from the cream cheese to the edge of the dough, until you get to the bottom. (I had 5 strips) Fold the top part of the dough into the cream cheese. Then start the braid. Fold the first right pastry strip to the left, the fold the first left pastry strip to the right. Continuing until you have reached the second to last pastry strip. Before folding the last strip, fold the bottom part of the dough up towards the cream cheese. Close with the last two pastry strips.
Tips for success
- I prefer using fresh fruit. Frozen fruit or canned fruit can be used. Be sure to thaw the fruit or drain the juices first.
- Use your favorite fruit for this danish recipe! I’ve made this danish with nectarines, strawberries, mixed berries… there are so many options!
- I usually add 2.5 tablespoons of sugar to the cream cheese. The filling is just sweet enough. Adjust the sugar based on how sweet you like the cream cheese filling. You can add up to 4 tablespoon of sugar.
- You can serve the danish with or without the drizzle. For the drizzle you’ll need approximately 2 tablespoon of powdered sugar and a few teaspoon of milk. Adjust the consistency of the glaze to your liking.
Other puff pastries you may like:
If you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Comment and rate below. I would also love to see your creation! Share your photo by tagging tasty_treat_pantry on Instagram.Print
Easy Peach and Cream Cheese Danish (with puff pastry)
Quick and delicious pastry that comes together within minutes! Filled with sweet cream cheese and sliced peaches.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2–4 tablespoon granulated sugar *
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 peaches, sliced
- 1 large egg for egg wash
- Thaw the pastry sheet. This can take up to 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet. ( a little on each side) Up to one inch on each side.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy and smooth.
- Place cream cheese filling in the center of puff pastry sheet leaving 1 inch border on the top and bottom. Add the sliced peaches.
- Make the braid: Using a sharp knife, cut the top corner sides of the puff pastry dough off. Then cut 1-inch strips from the cream cheese to the edge of the dough, until you get to the bottom. (I had 5 strips) Fold the top part of the dough into the cream cheese. Then start the braid. Fold the first right pastry strip to the left, the fold the first left pastry strip to the right. Continuing until you have reached the second to last pastry strip. Before folding the last strip, fold the bottom part of the dough up towards the cream cheese. Close the pastry with the last two pastry strips.
- Transfer the braided danish to prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of pastry with the whisked egg. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the danish for 5-10 minutes or baking tray then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze if desired.
*You can add more sugar depending on how sweet you like the cream cheese. I use 2.5 tablespoon of sugar. You can add up to 4 tablespoon sugar.
Keywords: danish, peach danish, peaches with cream cheese, peaches and cream,