This mini s’mores tarts with toasted marshmallow are super easy to make. They require only six ingredients and very little prep time. They taste just like a s’more but they’re done right in your kitchen!
Today I’m sharing with you these delicious mini s’mores tarts recipe. They have a rich chocolate filling. They have a buttery graham cracker crust. They’re topped with toasted marshmallows. You can enjoy these mini s’mores tarts all year long! The best part about these is that they are so simple and easy to make. You’ll love it! Here’s a few reasons why you need to make these asap!
- They’re so good!
- They are so quick and easy to make.
- No baking needed (other than toasting the marshmallows)
- They taste just like a s’more.
- They are perfect mini treats.
- The chocolate ganache filling is rich, creamy and so smooth!
Ingredients needed to make s’mores tarts
These mini s’mores tart have three components. The crust, the chocolate ganache filling and the marshmallow topping.
For the crust you’ll need:
- Honey graham crackers
- Butter: You will need melted unsalted butter.
- Sugar: A little bit of granulated sugar is needed.
For the chocolate ganache filling you’ll need:
- Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. I recommend using semi sweet chocolate; it creates a rich and not too sweet filling. Dark chocolate can be used as well. I wouldn’t recommend using milk chocolate as it can be too sweet.
- Heavy cream: To thin out and soften the chocolate.
- Butter: To help the chocolate set.
And for the topping…
- Marshmallows! Use mini marshmallows. And use as much as you want.
How to make the s’mores tartlets
- Make the chocolate ganache filling first: Add heavy cream to a small saucepan. Heat the heavy cream on medium-low heat until it’s almost boiling. Take off heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Add the butter and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Make the crust: While the chocolate is cooling you will want to make the crust. Crush graham crackers in a food processor. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Firmly press crust mixture into six 4 inch mini tartlet pans. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Add the filling: Once the crust has been refrigerated, divide the chocolate ganache filling between the mini tartlet pans. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until the chocolate is set.
- Add the marshmallows: Add mini marshmallows to the tart. Using a kitchen torch or the oven broiler toast the marshmallows until golden brown.
What is the best way to toast the marshmallows?
So you have two options: use a kitchen torch, or the oven broiler. I’ve tried it both ways. For me, the kitchen torch was a disaster. The marshmallows burnt, and they toasted unevenly. I then tried the broiler and it worked beautifully! The tops of the marshmallows came out golden brown and perfectly toasted. So feel free to choose whichever option suits you. If you decide to use the broiler here’s a few things to look out for: 1. watch your s’mores tarts the whole time! Do not step away. The marshmallows can go from beautifully golden brown to burnt in seconds! 2. Let the tarts sit at room temperature for about 40 -50 minutes before serving. This allows the chocolate filling to set. To speed up the process you can refrigerate them for 15-20 minutes.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate. The semi sweet chocolate creates a rich, smooth and not overly sweet chocolate filling. If you prefer darker chocolate you can use bitter sweet or dark chocolate. You can also do a combination of both! As for chocolate chips or chocolate bars, both work really well for this recipe. Be sure to cut up the chocolate bar into small chunks to measure out 1 cup.
What kind of tart pan do I use?
I used six 4 inch mini tartlet pans with a removable bottom. The removable bottom makes it so easy to remove the s’mores tarts once they are set. The mini tarts should come out very easily. Once the tarts are out, I run a knife along the bottom to release the tart. However, if you don’t have mini tart pans, you can use one 8 inch tart pan.
Other recipes you may like
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts
- Baked Chocolate Tart
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
If you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you. Comment and rate below. Your comments will help me, as well as other readers. I would also love to see your creation. Share your photo by tagging tasty_treat_pantry on Instagram.Print
Mini S’mores Tart with toasted marshmallows (easy recipe)
These mini s’mores tarts are super easy to make. They require only six ingredients and very little prep time. They taste just like a s’more but they’re done right in your kitchen!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour to set
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 tartlets 1x
- Category: dessert
- ~ 2 ⅓ cup (approximately 16 graham crackers) crushed graham crackers
- 8 tablespoon. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon. granulated sugar
For chocolate ganache filling
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoon. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Mini marshmallows
- Make the chocolate ganache first: Add heavy whipping cream to a medium sauce pan. Warm the heavy whipping cream on medium/low heat until it’s almost boiling. Take off heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add the butter and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the chocolate is cooling, make the crust. Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar. Firmly press into six 4 inch tart pans. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Evenly divide the chocolate filling between the tarts. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until the chocolate is set.
- Add marshmallows to the tarts. Using a kitchen torch or the oven broiler toast the marshmallows until golden brown.
Keywords: s’mores tart, mini dessert, s’mores dessert, chocolate ganache