These fresh baked honey sandwich cookies are so soft. Filled with jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar. You won’t be able to resist this melt in your mouth honey cookie!
Here are a few reasons why you will love this honey sandwich cookie recipe. One – The texture and the flavor of these honey cookies are perfect. They are deliciously light, soft, and crumbly. Adding the honey gives the cookie a subtle and delicious honey flavor. Two – you can fill these cookies with just about anything! I recommend filling these cookies with fruit preserves. But you can use whatever filling you’d like. These honey sandwich cookies will still taste so good. Three – Minimal ingredients and preparation is needed to make these tasty cookies. Follow along so you can make these deliciously soft and crumbly honey sandwich cookies.
- Baking soda + vinegar: You will be activating the baking soda with a little bit of vinegar.
Making the cookies
- Prep all cookie ingredients. In a food processor, pulse the butter and the flour until mixture resembles small crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Mix the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. In a small bowl activate the baking soda, by combing baking soda with vinegar. It should start bubbling.
- Combine all ingredients: Pour egg/sugar mixture over the flour/butter. Mix with a spatula until combined. Add the vinegar/baking soda and honey. Mix until mixture comes together and can form a ball. Cover, and let the dough rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Start preheating the oven after the dough has had time to rest.
- Shape the cookies: Transfer dough to a floured surface. Roll out the dough and cut into circles. I make 1.5 – 2 inch circles.
- Bake. Bake until the cookies are golden brown. Cool completely.
- Fill. Spread jam on one of the cookies, then cover with another cookie. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tips for success
- I prefer using a food processor or blender to mix the butter and flour. It’s quick and easy. But you can also use a pastry cutter, fork or butter knife and cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Baking time can differ depending on the size of the cookie. If the cookie is small, baking time will be decrease. If the cookie is large baking time will increase.
- Make sure you honey is runny. It’s a lot easier to mix into the dough. If your honey isn’t runny, you can microwave it for a few seonds.
Store these honey cookies covered at room temperature for up to one week.
Other cookies you may like
If you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Comment and rate below. I would also love to see your creation! Share your photo by tagging tasty_treat_pantry.Print
Honey Cookie Sandwich
These fresh baked honey cookies are so soft. Filled with strawberry preserves and sprinkled with powdered sugar. You won’t be able to resist this melt in your mouth honey cookie!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 min for chilling, 10 min baking
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 20 small cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter
- In a food processor, pulse butter and flour until mixture resembles small crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer mix eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Activate the baking soda. In a small bowl, add the baking soda. Pour vinegar over the baking soda. The mixture should immediately puff up and have bubbles.
- Add the egg/sugar mixture to the flour/butter mixture and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Add the baking soda mixture and honey. Mix until the mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- Cover and let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll the dough out. Cut into 1.5 to 2 inch circles. Transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool cookies completely.
- Spread filling onto one cookie then top with another cookie. Dust with powdered sugar.
Keywords: Sandwich cookies, honey cookies, jam filled cookies