Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar
These chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar is an easy homemade chocolate chip cookie that’s gooey and chewy on the inside. Whether you’re looking for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, or just out of brown sugar these cookies are perfect!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 mintues
- Yield: 18-20 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar until combined. About 2 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat until fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop scoops of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches part. Add additional chocolate chips. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until slightly golden brown around edges.
- Measure flour correctly. Scoop the flour out using a spoon, add to measuring cup then level the flour out with a knife. This will ensure that the flour isn’t packed in the measuring cup. If the flour is packed, it can result in more flour than needed; which can lead to drier cookies.
- Add more chocolate chips on top! Once the cookie dough is on the baking sheet, add more chocolate chips. This will give you those yummy pools of chocolate.
- Use room temperature butter. This will help the butter beat smoothly. If you forgot to take out the butter you can: Cut the butter in cubes. Place in microwave, then microwave in 10 second intervals or until just soft. Be careful not to melt the butter!
- Use any kind of chocolate. I like using semi sweet chocolate chips. But you can use any flavor of chocolate chips. Chocolate chunks will also work perfectly.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Check the cookies after 10 minutes. They need to be just slightly golden brown around the edges.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar